Our life lately… in the form of 7 Quick Takes.
- Catherine turned 2! months old on Monday. Our life pretty much revolves around her now and we’ve never been happier. I mean, just look at that face:
- I am now back at work full time. I came back at the beginning of a busy season, and although tiring I think it is a good thing because I don’t have time to just sit around and think about not being with Catherine. And, well, it is also nice to have money to pay our bills.
- If you’ve ever been a working, breastfeeding mother, you should read this post. Even though I have a very supportive work environment, it is just so true to my situation right now. I even ordered the book. I’ve never been more convinced that the modern American working environment was designed by men than I have since returning to work. I’m just saying.
- In my very short tenure as a mother, I have come up with two rules for the modern mother: 1) Never ever even think about posting something about your child’s sleeping on social media. She will make even the hypothetical post a lie. 2) No online shopping while the baby is crying. You will purchase something ridiculous, unnecessary, or more than you need.
- A topic I’ve been thinking about: Voting as a Christian – are we obligated to vote? If so, who would Jesus vote for?
- One of my bffl (best friends for life) is coming to visit this weekend and it is going to be awesome.
- Another topic mulling around in my head: What are my dreams/goals and what am I doing about them? How do they fit in with my new role of motherhood? What are the things that if I don’t pursue now, I’ll regret in 20 years? What am I spending my time on that I shouldn’t be? No answers yet. 😉
Well, that’s all for now. Just checking in from happy + tired new baby land. 🙂